Ipsen delivers strong sales growth of 20.2% for the third quarter of 2018 and confirms full year guidance
Paris (France), 25 October 2018 – Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY), a global specialty-driven biopharmaceutical group, today announced sales for the third quarter of 2018.
- Q3 2018 Group sales growth of 20.2%1 driven by Specialty Care sales growth of 24.2%1 reflecting strong momentum for Somatuline® and Dysport®, continued sequential sales growth for Cabometyx® and Onivyde®, and growth of Consumer Healthcare sales of 5.0%2
- YTD Group sales growth of 21.1%1 fueled by strong Specialty Care sales growth of 25.8%1 and Consumer Healthcare sales growth of 2.9%2
- Full Year 2018 guidance confirmed with Group sales growth of greater than 19.0%1 and core operating margin of around 29.0% of sales
- Positive CHMP (Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use) opinion for Cabometyx® for the treatment of second-line patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- First European approval for the new Somatuline® delivery system
David Meek, Chief Executive Officer of Ipsen stated: “In the third quarter, we continued to execute against our 2018 objectives with industry-leading top-line growth of over 20%, driven by the powerful momentum of our Specialty Care business. During the quarter, we received a positive CHMP opinion for Cabometyx for the treatment of second-line advanced hepatocellular carcinoma and also received the first European approval for our new Somatuline delivery system. On our pipeline, we are prioritizing and rapidly advancing key programs. Looking forward, building a sustainable pipeline through externally sourcing innovation, including additional successful business development transactions, remains a top priority to sustain strong top-line growth and to deliver additional value to patients and shareholders.”
Ipsen will hold a conference call Thursday, 25 October 2018 at 2:30 p.m. (Paris time, GMT+2). Participants should dial in to the call approximately five to ten minutes prior to its start. No reservation is required to participate in the conference call.
Standard International: +44 (0) 2071-928-000
France and continental Europe: + 33 (0) 1 76 70 07 94
Conference ID: 5459297
A recording will be available for seven days on Ipsen’s website.
 Year-on-year growth excluding foreign exchange impacts
 Consumer Healthcare reported sales down 1.1% in Q3 and down 3.0% in YTD, non-restated from the new contractual set-up of Etiasa®